Give kids what they want for Christmas with the ZAAP app
If children could buy their own Christmas gifts, what would they buy?
Check out the latest toy predicted to top the gift list for the under-12s. Boppi, The Booty Shakin’ Llama is a fun robotic toy that dances to three catchy tunes and is the Australian Toy Association’s Toy of the Year for 2019.^
If a cute dancing llama is not their preferred gift, how can parents be confident their children will be happy with their gifts and avoid disappointment?
Avoid the wrong Christmas gift
We all know what it’s like to receive something you didn’t wish for, didn’t want and didn’t need.
You can imagine the feelings of a child who is hoping for something special for Christmas from the people they care about most.
On Christmas Day, when they unwrap something they weren’t expecting and don’t want, the feeling of disappointment can be overwhelming and a huge let-down.
What kids really want for Christmas
You can ask children directly what they would like. Then, when they tell you their greatest wish, it may not be what you would like to buy them. Too expensive, inappropriate, too commercial or you know they’ll play with it for a day or maybe a week until the fad fades and they go back to their old toys and activities.
If you decide on something that you think would be ‘good’ for them, they may not appreciate your choice and simply express their disillusionment at your selection.
Help children to have realistic goals and expectations about Christmas.
Avoid tears and tantrums on Christmas Day
You’ll survive the festivities when you give the gift of money so the child can choose their own gift.
This year, there’s an innovative new way to make wishes come true with ZAAP, the pocket money app. When you sign up to ZAAP, you are giving your children the opportunity to learn about money management, save for special purchases (even Christmas gifts) and spend safely.
ZAAP makes gift-giving easy
Instead of giving a child cash for Christmas, give them ZAAP, which comes as a prepaid Mastercard and/or wrist band so they can choose their own gift. You can customise the prepaid Mastercard with a photo of the recipient for added personalisation.
For major purchases, the ZAAP app tracks their savings until they reach their goal, then have the pleasure of buying a gift themselves. It may be a special toy, or something major like a bike or musical instrument, an excursion or vacation, or just spending money for their holidays.
Adding Christmas money to their ZAAP account is a great experience for children who have their heart set on something special.
ZAAP is a learning experience
Check out these eight bonus concepts when you give ZAAP for Christmas:
- Gift of independence – the child is given the go-ahead to choose their own gift, encouraging individuality, responsibility and self-reliance.
- Gift of anticipation – the excitement of Christmas Day continues after the event. Set up savings goals for special purchases.
- Gift of learning – the desired gift may cost more than they have been given, so encourages saving. Other family members may wish to contribute to a special gift of higher value.
- Gift of sharing – gifts are for everyone and children can be encouraged to use some of their saved pocket money to buy small gifts for others in their family.
- Gift of value – buying their desired gift after Christmas means they can take advantage of the post-Christmas sales and may even be able to buy what they want at a reduced price.
- Gift of individuality – an excursion or buying tickets to a special event, theme park or adventure experience can create special memories.
- Gift of time – you can accompany them on an exciting shopping excursion to buy what they really want.
- Gift of planning – deciding on how they really want to spend their pocket money and setting goals, encourages budgeting and creates a foundation for learning money management.
Make Christmas gifts easy with ZAAP
ZAAP not only solves the question of what to buy for a Christmas gift, its benefits will continue long after the festive season. Using ZAAP the pocket money app and the prepaid Mastercard or band encourages children to learn about money management, boost their savings by being paid for specific chores and take responsibility for their saving and spending.
ZAAP it this Christmas! It’s a great way to manage pocket money and make Christmas gifts last all year.
For more information on how ZAAP works and to order, go to https://zaap.com.au/
^Australian Toy Association Toy of the Year Awards 2019: http://austoy.com.au/toy-fair/2019-awards-winners